This focus area is an exploration of how the interface into an immersive environment can be improved for the purpose of navigation. It describes how a live person will use low-cost tools to move through an immersive environment.
Entries for the Navigation focus area will include the following elements:
- Name of submitter (one person)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Submission title (max 64 characters)
- Executive summary (max 250 words) This should include an explanation stating the how the entry improves on current immersive Navigation capabilities.
- Webpage URL. Provide a webpage. The webpage will be used by evaluators to judge your entry. It should contain, at a minimum, the following:
- The title of the entry
- An executive summary describing how the user will interface with an immersive environment in under 250 words.
- Include pictures, video, and multimedia of the setup and of the entry in use as applicable.
- Set of instructions on what is required for purchase, cost for each item and total cost (must be under $600USD per user) and vendor contact information. Instructions should also include how to build the entry and how additional users would participate.
- Access to any necessary software and directions for use.
- The main webpage should be focused on the information above. It can contain links to other pages if the reader would like additional information, but should stand alone as an evaluation tool.
The site should be clear and professional. Please review the information on the website to ensure it is clear. A portion of the scoring will be focused on if the submitter followed the directions described above.
- User must be able to move forward, back, right and left using no more than a 10 ft x 10 ft (3m x 3m) actual maneuver space and an “unlimited” virtual maneuver space.
- User must be able to run, walk, and stop at will.
- There will be bonus points for crouching, crawling, jumping, climbing, gesturing, etc.
- The interface should work with a multi-user (greater than 2 individuals) environment (i.e. either multiple players tracked within the same space with up to 10 ft x 10 ft (3m x 3m) area for each or players join up within the environment and play in their own 10 ft x 10 ft (3m x 3m) space.
Intellectual property remains with the submitter. The STTC will recreate the entry solely for the purpose of evaluating the entry.