Entries to this focus area are experiences within any immersive environment. Space is available at no cost on the STTC’s Second Life islands; VADER and VADER II and in MOSES, an OpenSim environment on a first-come, first-served basis. All entries must be accessible to the government evaluation team. If it is imperative that evaluators meet with the submitter for evaluation purposes, information must be included on how to coordinate meeting times (available hours, sign-up, etc). It is recommended that pictures and video be included demonstrating the applicable qualities of the entry.
Entries for the Critical Thinking/Adaptability focus area will include the following elements:
- Name of submitter (one person)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Submission title (max 64 characters)
- Executive summary (max 250 words) This should include an explanation stating how the entry relates to building Critical Thinking and Adaptability skills.
- Webpage URL. Provide a webpage. The webpage will be used by evaluators to judge your entry. The site should be clear and professional. Please review the information on the website to ensure it is clear. A portion of the scoring will be focused on if the submitter followed the directions described above. It should contain, at a minimum, the following:
- The title of the entry (max 64 characters)
- An executive summary describing how the entry relates to building Critical Thinking and Adaptive skills in under 250 words.
- Include pictures, video, and multimedia of the entry in use as applicable.
- Set of instructions on how to participate in the immersive experience including whether it needs to be facilitated (Coordinating facilitated sessions can be a complicated process. Often setting up meeting times is difficult with evaluators. This is the responsibility of the submitter. If a facilitated session is necessary it must be clearly stated with directions on how to schedule a session).
- Access to any necessary software.
- The main webpage should be focused on the information above. It can contain links to other pages if the reader would like additional information, but should stand alone as an evaluation tool.